Dreads UK Original Formula is the UK's first ever 100% guaranteed residue free shampoo for dreadlocks. It is formulated to clear out at least 90% of residues left by other shampoos with the first wash!
- Removes residue build up
- Tightens dreadlocks
- Keeps Frizz to a minimum
- Targets and soothes flakey/Itchy scalp
- For use with ALL types of dreadlocks
- Not dependant on water hardness
- No animal testing or animal products
- No SLS/SLES or parabens
- Fragrance free
- No palm oil
- Strickly NO SOAP
* Removes Residue Buildup - What is Residue and why does it matter?
When irritations from drying agents and harsh toxic chemicals like SLS in other shampoos occurs, many people add to these agents by using opposing agents to compensate. Dreads UK Original Formula doesn't add to the problem by using an opposing remedy agent, nor provide a healing medicine or treatment. Simply by our formulated cleaning, removing all un-necessary additives and agents that caused the irritation, Dreads UK shampoo restores your hair to its natural state, resetting your scalp to its default.
*Why should dreadlocks shampoo be fragrance free?
fragrances when added to shampoo in large percentages, change the molecular structure of the shampoo that then requires additional preservatives. These preservatives are one of the top causes for residue build up in Dreadlocks. If you're buying a shampoo with fragrance. Make sure their are NO fragrance preservatives. For this reason, our original formula shampoo does 'not' have fragrances added. For great smelling dreadlocks see our new 'Runes - Nag Champa Shampoo'.
*What are SLS/Parabens?
SLS otherwise known as sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant. Its the main detergent used in most shampoos that have been linked to cancer tumors. It is absorbed by the skin and eventually liver. It has been said to be in the same family as battery acid, which is why we use a sustainable alternative.
Parabens are preservatives that have been added to prolong the shelf live of many shampoos on the market. These parabens mimic oestrogen and have lead to all kinds of problems with the body. Always seek a paraben free alternative.
*Whats so bad about Palm Oil?
The Palm Oil industry is a major contributor to animal cruelty, deforestation, climate change, habitat degradation and indigenous rights abuses. The World Wildlife Fund said "Global production of palm oil has doubled over the last decade. By 2000, palm oil was the most produced and traded vegetable oil (FAO 2002), accounting for 40% of all vegetable oils traded internationally. By 2006, the percentage had risen to 65%". Some companies claim to have "sustainable palm oil" after its exposure in a struggle to win back favour. All health food store we know of reject any use of palm oil and so do we.
*Is Dreads UK Original Formula Vegan?
There are strictly NO animal products in our shampoo!
Dreads UK Original Formula has been formulated to finally offer the dreadlocks community a dreadlocks shampoo that actually does what it says without compromising on our health and ethics. Try it now to find out why Dreads UK are leading the field in dreadlocks technologies.
Ingredients: Aqua, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Beltane, Coconut Diethanolamide, Polyquaternium-7, Silicone Quaternium-22, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Triolate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol
- Best shampoo I've used in my 10 years of having dreads Review by Nesta
- Used to religiously use dreadheadhq shampoo until I couldn't source it in the UK. Changed to some yellow bottle stuff I got at the shops, meant for dreads. Over time I started getting a bald patch! And my scalp used to tingle and itch. Realised it was the shampoo and changed to this dreadsuk stuff. My hair is cleaner than ever, lighter than ever, and the bald patch is regrowing strong! New growth locks quickly. My scalp never itches and it really does get any sort of residue out! 10/10 you can't go wrong! (Posted on 30/07/2016)
- Wouldn't use anything else Review by GiddyMama
- I was previously using a bar of olive and shea butter soap to wash my dreadlocks but after trying Dreads UK shampoo I wouldn't use anything else. The lack of residue left by Dreads UK shampoo has done wonders for the process of my young dreads maturing. I have human hair dread extensions and they stopped coming loose and occasionally falling out when I switched to Dreads UK shampoo. My scalp is never itchy since using it and one bottle lasts absolutely ages. (Posted on 11/04/2016)
- 11 years growing locs Best Shampoo ever. Review by Sis Zion
- I have been growing my locs for 11 years now, thru those years I have tried many shampoos which most ended up being crap lol. Dreads shampoo in my opinion is the best I have ever used. My locs feel and look cleaner, there lighter and very healthy looking. I've only used it twice sofar and already I'm noticing change in the amount of residue I had. I would and will be recommending this shampoo no questions asked. Great job Dreads UK thank you very much. (Posted on 26/10/2015)