Dreads UK Original Formula is now a BAR!! The UK's first ever 100% residue free shampoo bar for dreadlocks, because its NOT a soap!! Read on...
- Keeps Frizz to a minimum
- No wasteful packaging
- For use with ALL types of dreadlocks
- Not dependant on water hardness
- No animal testing or animal products
- No SLS/SLES or parabens
- Hints of Coconut
- Only 4 ingredients
- Strictly NO SOAP
* Is this safe for dreadlocks??
*What are SLS/Parabens?
SLS otherwise known as sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant. Its the main detergent used in most shampoos that have been linked to cancer tumors. It is absorbed by the skin and eventually liver. It has been said to be in the same family as battery acid, which is why we use a sustainable alternative.SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) versus SCS (sodium coco sulphate); both ingredients are made in the same way, by treating fatty acids with sulphuric acid and then neutralising with an alkali. The difference between them is that SLS is made using purified and isolated Lauric acid, whereas SCS is made using whole Coconut oil.
Parabens are preservatives that have been added to prolong the shelf live of many shampoos on the market. These parabens mimic oestrogen and have lead to all kinds of problems with the body. Always seek a paraben free alternative.
*Whats so bad about Palm Oil?
The Palm Oil industry is a major contributor to animal cruelty, deforestation, climate change, habitat degradation and indigenous rights abuses. The World Wildlife Fund said "Global production of palm oil has doubled over the last decade. By 2000, palm oil was the most produced and traded vegetable oil (FAO 2002), accounting for 40% of all vegetable oils traded internationally. By 2006, the percentage had risen to 65%". Some companies claim to have "sustainable palm oil" after its exposure in a struggle to win back favour. All health food store we know of reject any use of palm oil and so do we.
*Is Dreads UK Original Formula Vegan?
There are strictly NO animal products in our shampoo!
Dreads UK Original Formula has been formulated to finally offer the dreadlocks community a dreadlocks shampoo that actually does what it says without compromising on our health and ethics. Try it now to find out why Dreads UK are leading the field in dreadlocks technologies.
Sodium Coco Sulphate (Coconut Derivative)
Cocos Nucifera (100% Pure Coconut Oil)
Aqua (Pure Water)
100% Pure Coconut fragrance oil (Allergen Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone l
- Dreadlocks Shampoo Bar - love it! Review by Dee
- I have Afro hair. My locs are very thick and tend to be dry. I wash them every week in the warmer months, every two weeks when it gets cold. My usual regime is to wash with a clarifying then moisturising shampoo, it takes about 4 washes to get my hair clean and a lot of shampoo because my hair is very thick and long. I must say I was disappointed when I first got the bar and saw the size of the bar for the price and thought this is going to last for one wash! I have used the bar twice now and am so happy with the results. It takes only two washes to get my hair clean and it feels soft and moisturised also. A little goes a long way, the bar is practically the same size when I started to use it. I still think it is a bit too pricey and the bar could be bigger but will definitely keep using it. (Posted on 21/05/2016)
- Love it! Review by JS
- Love this bar and so does my scalp! Highly reccomend this product! (Posted on 16/03/2016)